Visitors

Blog Archive

Monday, October 8, 2012

The Page Isn't Redirecting Properly

 

 

I get the following: Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. What do I do?

This is not a problem based on your settings or anything else at your end. A number of us have the same problem, and--in my case, at least--absolutely nothing has been changed. It happens very suddenly, on sites I just seamlessly opened 10 minutes ago. Furthermore, if I close Firefox and re-open it, it will connect to those sites with no problems. Those two things indicate that it's not the browser settings causing the problem. If it were a connection issue, other browsers would also have a problem of some kind, which they don't.
The developers need to look at their most recent updates. I've been using Firefox almost as long as it's been available (years), and I've never seen this until the last couple of months.

Clear the Cookies for the Specific Site or Page you are having the problem connecting to - or if no sites will load, Clear All Cookies.
 
This fixed it immediately for me! There was no problem with the website or browser settings, only a bad cookie stored for a page.

No comments:

Post a Comment